What Can An Economist Do?
Being called an Economist means several things to various people. But major any graduate or even an undergraduate with an Economics major has some unique features that may be attributed to them. What can an Economist really do? , What makes an organisation sort for the employment of Economists?
The Higher Education Academy and the QAA have developed an Economics employability profile. Essentially it is a detailed list of the specific skills you will have once you have finished your Economics degree. They include :
- Abstract and simplify in order to identify and model the essence of a problem.
- Analyse and reason – both deductively and inductively marshal evidence and to assimilate.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data Communicate concisely results to a wide audience, including those with no training in Economics.
- Think critically about the limits of one’s analysis in a broader socio-economic context.
- Draw economic policy inferences and to recognise the potential constraints in their implementation.
- Apply literary and information-processing skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
Read More Here